Pages

Monday, June 04, 2012

What is it?

What is it?
It suddenly reminds me of that beautiful sound in a rainy day, menacing, but lingering, waiting for another day.

The rain is still dropping outside the window, whispering her secrets to us who listen.
Tonight, the rain is talking about the lingering moon that appears brighter than usual. The moon is in love with the sun, she said.
I looked up several times to the dark blue sky above, but I did not see the moon. So, I shouted to the clouds. "Do not hide her! I am longing to see her glow to clear these thoughts." and they replied in a thundery choir "She is not hiding, she needs some time to be alone."
I whispered to the rain, telling her to wash away the moon's pain. "I can't", she said. It is impossible to defy gravity.
Truth be told the moon is too in love with the sun that she had to steal some of his lights to shine brighter tonight. Usually, she is very confident with her stolen lights, but tonight it burns.
It burns her to know that she does not shine. It burns her to know that everybody knows her lies.
The rain is falling harder, and for us who listen, she is laughing at our little rambles.

No comments:

Post a Comment