Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Made of Glass

Friday/30/Dec/2016
00.00

I have seen tears.
I have seen love, smeared.
I have seen goodbye.
I have seen lust, splattered.
I have seen rage.
I have seen anger, spilled.
I have seen hate.
I have seen revenge, vomited.
I have seen the world collide,
the moon ripping apart, the stars falling from the skies, and fireworks bursting from every corner of the street.
I have seen warm coffee and love making, and cinnamon rolls and breaking up, and red wine chugged on her deathbed.
I have seen damage.
I have been cracked open, smashed, and burned.
I have been steamed, and shot, and wiped.
I have seen fear.
I have seen outrage.
I have seen compassion.
I have seen courage.
I have seen you: sitting in front of me, drinking black coffee, scrambling thoughts into a notes, and trying to piece together desaturated memories into a moving poetry.
I have seen you: lonely, facing the busy street with bad eyesights and let the headlights turn your surroundings into an afterthought, suppressing heartbreak like a bad tattoo burns.
I have seen you: leaving, in front of me, with your fingers laced together, wiping raindrops from my cheeks while dropping a tear; I wanted to warm you up, but there was nothing I could do since I am just a window made of broken glass and you're a constant wanderer.

2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous work! love to read more. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have another writings on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete